Power Unit This work is devoted to the development of automated control models and methods of power change at WWER-1000 power unit to provide the most stable axial offset in the load-following mode. Improved multi-zone mathematical model of WWER1000 allows taking into account the energy release of 235U nuclei fission as well as 239Pu and includes a sub-model with distributed parameters. The automated control method of power change at WWER-1000 power unit that uses three control loops was proposed for the first time. The first loop maintains change of reactor power by controlling the boric acid concentration in the primary coolant. The second control loop maintains the required value of axial offset by controlling the position of 9th group control rods, and the third one maintains coolant temperature mode or steam pressure mode by controlling the main valve positions in the turbine generator.
2. Pelykh, S., Maksimov, M., Baskakov, V. (2013), “Grounds of WWER-1000 Fuel Cladding Life Control”, Annals of Nuclear Energy No. 58, pp. 188–197.
3. Pelykh, S., Maksimov, M., Ryabchikov, S. (2016), “The Prediction Problems of WWER Fuel Element Cladding Failure Theory”, Nuclear Engineering and Design V. 302. Part A (June), pp. 46—55.
4. “Nuclear Safety Regulations for Nuclear Facilities NP-082-07” [Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti reaktornykh ustanovok atomnykh stantsiy NP-082–07], (2008), The Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service, Moscow, p. 21.
5. Vladimirov, V. (2016), “Physics of Nuclear Reactors: Practical Tasks for Their Operation” [Fizika yadernykh reaktorov: prakticheskiie zadachi po ikh ekspluatatsii], Libro-kom, Moscow, 478 p..
6. Pavlysh, O., Garbuzov, I., Reukov, Y. (1986), “The Experimental Dynamic Behavior of 1000 ÌW Monoblock with WWER-1000 Reactor” [Eksperimentalnyie dinamicheskiie kharakteristiki monobloka 1000 MVt s reaktorom VVER-1000], Nuclear Power Plants, No. 1, pp. 8—10 (Rus)
7. Ivanov, V. (1994), “Operation of NPP” [Ekspluatatsiia AES], Energo-atomizdat, St. Petersburg, 384 p. (Ukr)
8. Severin, V., Nikulina, O., Lutenko, D., Bobukh, O. (2014), “The Problem of Maneuverability of NPP Power Unit and the Development of Models of Its Control Systems” [Problema manevrennosti energobloka AES i razvitiie modelei ego sistem upravleniia], Bulletin of the KhPI, System Analysis, Management and Information Technology No. 61 (1103), Kharkiv, pp. 24—29. (Rus)
9. Duel, M., Kanuk, G., Fursova, T. (2015), “Automated Control of the Power Unit in Non-Stationary Modes” [Avtomatizirovannoie upravleniie energoblokom v nestatsionarnykh rezhimakh], Energy Saving, Power Engineering, Energy Audit, No. 5 (136), Kharkiv, pp. 44—53. (Rus)
10. Îvchinnikov, F., Semenov, V. (1988), “The Operating Modes of Water-Cooled Water Moderated Power Reactors. Edition 3” [Ekspluatatsionnyie rezhimy vodo-vodianykh energeticheskikh reaktorov. 3-e izd.], Energo-atomizdat, Moscow, 359 p. (Rus)
11. Vorobiov, R. (2011), “Albums of Neutronic Characteristics of the Reactor Core at Zaporizhzhya NPP Unit 5. Campaigns 20–23” [Albomy neitronno-fizicheskikh kharakteristik aktivnoi zony reaktora energobloka ¹ 5 ZAES. Kampanii 20–23], Zaporizhzhya NPP, Enerhodar, 323 p. (Rus)
12. Gordeiev, I., Kardashev, D., Malyshev, A. (1963), “Nuclear-Physical Constants: Reference Book” [Yaderno-fizicheskiie konstanty. Spravochnik], Gos-atomizdat, Moscow, 507 p.
13. Maksymov, M., Beglov, K., Tsiselskaya, T. (2012), “A Model of WWER–1000 Nuclear Power Unit as an Object of Power Control”, Odesa, Proceedings of the Odesa Polytechnic University, No. 38(1), Odesa, pp. 108—122.