Terms used for categorization of power uprates of nuclear power plants (NPPs) are analyzed in the paper. The power uprate program adopted in Ukraine is briefly described to emphasize importance of this area and need to use the appropriate terms. The categories of power uprates adopted by the U.S. NRC and applied by the IAEA are described. They include measurement uncertainty recapture, stretch, and extended power uprates. Translation of these terms into the Ukrainian language based on the analysis is proposed.
2. Power Uprate in Nuclear Power Plants: Guidelines and Experience. IAEA Nuclear Energy Series No. NP-T-3.9, IAEA, Vienna, 2011, 119 p.
3. Plans for New Reactors Worldwide, URL: http://www.worldnuclear. org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/plansfor-new-reactors-worldwide.aspx
4. Power Uprate of Nuclear Power Plants Operated by Energoatom, SNRIU Presentation at U.S. NRC Workshop on Nuclear Power Plant Power Uprates, November 2016, Kyiv, Ukraine, 245 p.
5. Report on Nuclear and Radiation Safety in Ukraine for 2016, SNRIU Editorial Board, Kyiv, 2016, 84 p.
6. Augmentation de la Puissance D’une Centrale Nuclйaire Franзaise, URL: http://www.doyoubuzz.com/var/f/1Z/4G/1Z4GSPJNf5rmQnux-BjREyv8q6egYO3AKc9U0IstXh2 V_WbTpi.pdf