The paper addresses the description of computer model for the spent fuel assemblies storage system in SCALE and MCNP codes, as well as the results in selection of conservative assumptions made to justify the nuclear safety of moving, transport and storage operations with the VVER-1000 spent nuclear fuel (SNF) in designed Centralized Spent Fuel Storage Facility (CSFCF). When justifying the nuclear safety, it is necessary to confirm that the maximum value of the effective multiplication coefficient K eff in SNF storage systems is kept below specified limit of 0.95 in any design-basis operation mode. The paper presents calculation results and analysis on the selection of the most conservative conditions of neutron multiplication leading to the maximum value of Keff.
2. NP 306.6.124–2006 (PBPRM-2006). Nuclear and Radiation Safety Rules for Shipment of Radioactive Materials [Pravyla yadernoi ta radiatsiinoi bezpeky pry perevezenni radioaktyvnykh materialiv: NP 306.2006.124–2006], Official Bulletine of Ukraine, 2001, No. 29, 332 p. (Ukr)
3. NP 306.2.105–2004. Basic Safety Provisions for Interim Dry Storage Facilities [Osnovni polozhennia zabezpechennia bezpeky promizhnykh skhovyshch vidpratsiovanoho yadernoho palyva sukhoho typu: NP 306.2.105–2004], Official Bulletin of Ukraine, 2005. No. 3, 202 p. (Ukr)
4. MCNP, A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Version 4C, Manual, Edited by Judith F. Briesmeister, LA-13709-M, 2000, 790 p.
5. SCALE-4.4a, A Modular Code System for Performing Standardized Computer Analyses for Licensing Evaluation, NUREG-CR-0200, Rev. 6, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, September, 1998, 847 p.
6. Soldatov, S.A., Chernitskii, S.V., Leonov, S.N. (2011), “Determination of Systematic Error and Dispersion of Estimated Sequence CSAS26 of the SCALE-5 Software Package for Hexagonal Geometry” [Opredeleniie sistematicheskoi oshibki i dispersii raschiotnoi posledovatelnosti CSAS26 paketa program SCALE-5], Nuclear and Radiation Safety, 3 (51), 2011, pp. 47—52. (Ukr)