Video surveillance has become an important constituent part of the integrated security system of nuclear power plants. Due to this, the integrity and authenticity of the video transmitted by the surveillance camera are extremely important, and so is the possibility to identify violations of these categories of information in real time.
The authors propose a new method to detect one way of violating the integrity of the video sequence — “camera loop” hijacking. The proposed method based on identifying the perturbation in matrix of the current frame of the original video sequence in transition to the next frame ensures the efficiency of the method that is not dependent on the specifics and characteristics of the analyzed video sequence. The high efficiency of the method is confirmed by results of a computational experiment, under which type I and type II errors were not found. The practical value of the proposed method is the possibility of its work in real time because it is a polynomial of degree 1, as well as the simplicity and multiplatform implementation.
2. Park, J., Suh, Y. (2014), “A Development Framework for Software Security in Nuclear Safety Systems: Integrating Secure Development and System Security Activities”, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 47–54.
3. Herling, J. (2014), “Advanced Real-Time Manipulation of Video Streams”, Berlin, Springer, 244 p.
4. Finkle, J. (2013), “U.S. Security Expert Says Surveillance Cameras can be Hacked”, Reuters, available at: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/us-surveilance-hackers-idUSBRE95G10520130617
5. Gonzalez, R., Woods, R., Chochia, P.A. (2005), “Digital Image Processing”, translated from Eng., Moscow, Tekhnosfera, 1072 p.
6. CDS-5000 Mini IP Camera Dome System. Nuclear Services, available at: http://www.rolls-royce.com/~/media/Files/R/Rolls-Royce/documents/customers/nuclear/po-cds-5000-tcm92-49937.pdf
7. DTR 65 HRC, available at: http://www.ecagroup.com/en/solutions/dtr-65-hrc
8. Fainzilberg, L.S., Zhuk, T.N. (2009), “Guaranteed Assessment of Efficiency of Diagnostic Tests Based on Advanced ROC-Analysis” [Garantirovannaia otsenka effektivnosti diagnosticheskikh testov na osnove usilennogo ROC-analiza], Control Systems and Machines, No. 5, pp. 3—13. (Rus)
9. Venttsel, Ye.S. (1999), “The Theory of Probability” [Teoriia veroiatnostei], Moscow, Vysshaia Shkola, 6th edition, 575 p. (Rus)
10. Bautin, A.V. (2012), “Safety of NPP: from Chernobyl to Fukushima-1” [Bezopasnost’ atomnykh elektrostantsii: ot Chernobylia do Fukusimy-1], available at: http://www.agps-2006.narod.ru/konf/2012/sb-2012/sec-1–12/13–01-12.pdf (Rus)
11. Kobozeva, A.A. (2009), “Basis of a General Approach to a Problem of Signal Forgery Detection” [Osnovy obshchego podkhoda k resheniiu problem obnaruzheniia falsifikatsii tsifrovogo signala], Electrical Machine-Building and Electrical Equipment, No. 72, pp. 35–41. (Rus)