This paper describes the main steps and results of preparing WWER-440/213 model for TRACE system thermohydraulic code to be used in further deterministic analysis calculations. As the basis for developing the model, the previously developed RELAP5/Mod.3.2 input deck was used. As a first step, the thermohydraulic components of input deck were automatically converted to TRACE format using SNAP utility. Then, necessary manual adjustments and additions were implemented to incorporate the safeguards actuation logic and operation of various plant controllers into the model.
A set of validation calculations was performed for various transients (abnormal operation events) that had actually occurred at Rivne NPP Unit 1 to confirm that the TRACE model is capable of reproducing adequately the response of nuclear power plant with WWER-440/213 reactor. The results for one of validation calculations (Loss of normal power supply with reactor scram and additional failures) are provided as an example. Comparison of calculation results with plant measured data demonstrate acceptable agreement for the main plant parameters.
To extend the scope of model validation, the cross-code comparison between TRACE and RELAP5 results is planned to be performed for a number of representative design-basis accident scenarios.
2. Support for the development of computer codes obtained through the 2016 CAMP and CSARP agreements. Conversion of the WWER-440/213 type nuclear steam supply system thermohydraulic model designed for the RELAP5 computer code into the TRACE code format. Kyiv, SSTC NRS, Report on research work, 2015, 168.
3. Support for the development of computer codes obtained through the 2016 CAMP and CSARP agreements. Validation of the VVER-440/213 type nuclear steam supply system thermal-hydraulic model designed for the TRACE computer code. Report on research work. Kyiv, SSTC NRS, 2015, 129.
4. Report on investigation of NPP event. No. ROV-P05-16-07-98. Reactor shutdown AZ-I due to drop of slab from the roof to in-house transformer bus line and failure of circulation pumps to actuate during transition to power from standby. RNPP-1, Energoatom, 1998.
5. Main results of fuel loading 21 operation and physical calculations of fuel loading 22 of RNPP-1. No. 300-О-OYaB, 2002.
6. American national standard for decay heat power in light water reactors, ANCI/ANS-5.1-1979. American Nuclear Society Standards Committee, Working Group ANS-5.1, 1979.
7. 22.1.145.ОB.02.04. Rivne NPP. Unit 1. Safety analysis report. Analysis of design-basis accidents. Database on NSSS. 2008.