The preparation of a few-group neutron cross-section library is an important step in implementation of the computer packages that are based on solution of the neutron transport equation in the few-group diffusion approximation into the safety analysis practices. The accuracy of modelling the physical neutron kinetic processes in the reactor core directly depends on the quality of few-group cross-section library. It is important to note that such cross-section library should be prepared in the format applied in the computer package and with use of a spectral code that models the fuel assembly quite adequately. The best option for preparing the few-group neutron crosssection library for the PARCS few-group diffusion code, which is being introduced into SSTC NRS safety analysis practices as a part of the TRACE/PARCS coupled neutron kinetic/thermal hydraulic package, is to adapt the previously developed and validated models of fuel assemblies for the HELIOS spectral program. The adaptation procedure for HELIOS models for WWER-440 including the fuel follower and transition part forming the input file structure required for correct work of the GenPMAXS program is presented. The approaches to the choice of reference states and branch parameters in the PARCS code format are presented. The results from correctness analysis of the adaptation of the HELIOS WWER-440 fuel assembly computer models are presented. The results are based on a comparative analysis of the fuel assembly multiplication properties obtained by the HELIOS model that was developed for preparation of the cross-section libraries for the DYN3D program (validated and widely used at SSTC NRS at present), and by the HELIOS model that was adapted for the GENPMAX program.
2. HELIOS, Documentation, Studsvik Scandpower, 2007
3. Xu Y., Collins B., Downar T. (2009). GENPMAXS. V. 9: Program for Generating the PARCS Cross Section Interface File PMAXS. UM‑NERS-09-004, October, 2009.
4. VVER-440 Assembly Set (V-213 Type). Catalogue Description [Kompleks kasset VVER-440 (tip V-312). Katalozhnoie opisanie] U0440.00.00.000 DKO.
5. ER21-2005.110.OD.1. Rivne NPP. Unit 1. Justification of 4.21 % Enrichment Fuel Assembly Implementation at Rivne NPP Units 1, 2 into Commercial Operation. Development of SAR Chapter “Design Basis Accident Analysis” for Unit 1,2 Considering Justification of 4.21 % Enrichment Fuel Assembly and Comments of State Independent Technical Review of RNPP‑1 DBA. Report. NSSS Database [Rovenskaia AES. Energoblok 1. Obosnovanie vnedreniia kasset obogashcneniiem 4.21 % na energoblokakh 1, 2, Rivnenskoi AES v promyshlennuiu ekspluatatsiiu. Razrabotka glavy OAB Analiz proiektnykh avarii dlia energoblokov 1, 2 s uchetom obosnovaniia vnedreniia kasset obogashcheniiem 4.21 % i zamechanii gosudarstvennoi ekspertizy i nezavisimoi proverki APA RAES-1. Otchet. Baza dannykh po YaPPU], 2005.
6. Grundmann U., Rohde U., Mittag S., Kliem S. (2005). DYN3D, Version 3.2, Code for Calculation of Transient in Light Water Reactors (LWR) with Hexagonal or Quadratic Fuel Elements. Description of Models and Methods. Report FZR-434, Rossendorf (2005).