An original method to determine the onset of conditions for reliabilitycritical hydraulic impacts for reliability analysis of active safety systems of nuclear power installations is proposed. The suggested method is based on determining the effect of head-flow characteristic delay onto hydraulic impact preconditions during the changes of pipeline system hydrodynamic parameters under transitional modes (e.g. in pump start-up). The delay time of responses to change in the hydrodynamic system parameters embodies the determining factor of head-flow characteristic’s inertance, depending on both design and technical parameters of system components (including pumps), and the hydrodynamic parameters change rate under transitional modes. Using the proposed method, the analysis of conditions for critical hydraulic impacts is performed for the primary high-pressure safety injection system of serial WWER-1000 nuclear power plants. The analysis results allow a conclusion that for this system the conditions leading to hydraulic impact due to the pump start are not reached. The developed method can be applied to any thermal and nuclear power facilities’ pipeline systems equipped with pumps.
2. Jelali, M., Kroll, A. (2012), Hydraulic servo-systems: modelling, identification and control, Springer Science & Business Media, 356 p.
3. Grin'ko, L. P., Papira, A. N (1975), Blade pumps [Lopastnyye nasosy], L.: Mechanical Engineering, Leningrad, 432 p. (Rus)
4. Derakhshan, S., Nourbakhsh, A. (2008), “Theoretical, numerical and experimental investigation of centrifugal pumps in reverse operation”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, V. 32, No. 8, pp. 1620—1627.
5. Mollazade, K., et al. (2008), “An intelligent combined method based on power spectral density, decision trees and fuzzy logic for hydraulic pumps fault diagnosis”, Parameter, V. 186, p. 11829. doi https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1055695).
6. Li, S. C. (ed.) (2000), Cavitation of hydraulic machinery, V. 1, World Scientific, 492 p.
7. Li, G., Xu Y., Hao S. (2007), “A New Circuit in Double Pumps Hydraulic System of Modular Machine Tool's Power Sliding Feed Table and Its PLC Control”, Modular Machine Tool & Automatic Manufacturing Technique, V. 6, p. 021.
8. Chaichan, Miqdam Tariq, Al-Zubaidi, Dina Saadi Muneam (2017), “Control of hydraulic transients in the water piping system in Badra-pumping station No. 5”, Al-Nahrain Journal for Engineering Sciences, 18.2, pp. 229—239.
9. Broussard, Joel N., et al. (2017), Torsional coupling for electric hydraulic fracturing fluid pumps, U.S. 9,650,879, United States Patent.
10. Sivaramakrishnan, Shyam, et al. (2017), Hydraulic control system for a reverse osmosis hydraulic pump, U.S. 9,638,179, United States Patent.
11. Cryer, Robert Douglas, et al. (2017), System and method for powering a hydraulic pump, U.S. 9,579,980, United States Patent.
12. Amirov, Fikrat E. (2017), “Investigations of hydrodynamically active additions in pumps and vane hydraulic machines”, EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts, V. 19. (2017EGUGA.1912550A)
13. Zhukovskiy, N. E. (1949), On hydrodynamic impact in water supply systems. [O gidrodinamicheskom udare v vodoprovodnykh sistemakh], GITTL, 100 p. (Rus)
14. Accidents at boiler inspection facilities and measures to prevent them, Gosgortechnadzor’s Newsletter (1965) [Avarii na ob"yektakh kotlonadzora i mery po ikh preduprezhdeniyu, Informatsionnoye pis'mo Gosgortekhnadzora], Nedra, Moscow, 174 p. (Rus)
15. Khachaturyan, S. A. (1983), Wave processes in compressor units [Volnovye protsessy v kompressornykh ustanovkakh], Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 222 p.
16. Gerliga, V. A., Khabenskiy, V. B. (1994), Instability of the coolant flow in power equipment [Nestabil'nost' potoka teplonositelya v energooborudovanii], Energoizdat, Moscow, 288 p.
17. Korolev, A. V., Zhou Hui Yu (2016), “Research of dynamics at normal operation and interrupted feed of piston pumps” [Issledovaniye dinamiki porshnevogo nasosa v normal'nom rezhime i pri sryve podachi], Refrigeration Engineering and Technology, V. 52, Issue 52, pp. 4–8. doi https://doi.org/10.15673/ret.v52i5.282)
18. Mazurenko, A. S., Skalozubov, V. I., Kozlov, I. L., Chulkin, O. A., Pirkovskiy, D. S (2017), “Determining the Conditions for the Hydraulic Impacts Emergence at Hydraulic Systems”, Problemele energeticii regionale, Termoenergetica, Moldova, 2 (34), pp. 98—104.
19. Skalozubov, V. I. Zhou Huiyu, Chulkin, O. A., Pirkovskiy, D. S. (2017), “Modelling method of conditions for reliability-critical hydraulic impacts on pumps of thermal and nuclear power plants”, Problems of Atomic Science and Technology, № 4 (110), pp. 74—78.
20. Skalozubov, V. I, Chulkin, O. A, Pirkovskii, D. S (2017), “Determination of preconditions for hysroimpacts in hydraulic systems [Vyznachennya umov vynyknennya hidroudariv u hidrosystemakh]”, Modern problems of refrigeration equipment and technology / Collection of abstracts presented at the XI All-Ukrainian scientific and technical conference, ONACHT, Odessa, р. 193 (Rus).
21. Skalozubov V. I., Oborsky G. A., Kozlov I. L et al. (2013), A complex of methods for reassessing the nuclear power engineering safety in Ukraine, taking into account lessons of ecological disasters in Chernobyl and Fukushima [Kompleks metodov pereotsenki bezopasnosti atomnoy energetiki Ukrainy s uchetom urokov ekologicheskikh katastrof v Chernobyle i Fukusime]: monograph: Astroprint, Odessa, 242 p.
22. 00.UTs.RO.Ps.317 Emergency boron injection system (TQ13). High-pressure boron injection system (TQ14) [Sistema avariynogo vvoda bora (TQ13). Sistema avariynogo vvoda bora vyisokogo davleniya (TQ14) : 00.UTs.RO.Ps.317], NNEGC «Energoatom», Zaporizhzhya NPP, 2008.