The issues of ageing management (AM) are regarded as ones of the most important factors for safety ensurance of nuclear installations at the design and longterm operation stages. For Ukrainian NPPs units, the design lifetime (30 years) has either expired, or is at the ending stage. The Energy Strategy of Ukraine until 2035 “Safety, Energy Efficiency, Competitiveness” underlines the Long Term Operation (LTO) based on periodic safety review as one of the high priority areas of nuclear energy development. Thus, the analysis of ageing management issue is paid respective attention in Ukraine and abroad. Ageing management became a subject of first thematic peer review organized by European Commission based on Western European Nuclear Regulatory Authorities (WENRA) proposal. European Union countries took place in this peer review and Ukraine has joined this process as well. Based on the results of topical peer review each country has developed a National report on ageing management. This article is dedicated to main analysis results of ageing management issues at Ukrainian NPPs covering the components such as reactor vessel, containment, electric cables and embedded piping.Based on the results of independent verifications carried out by Western experts in the framework of international projects, the level of Ukrainian existing regulatory framework is in compliance with the level of the IAEA and WENRA documents and safety recommendations in the part of ageing management requirements. In addition, ageing management has a system basis. The areas of further activities on improvement of the regulatory framework taking into account the best practices and and experience, development of regulatory documents for research nuclear reactors, improvement of activities on assessment of the technical state and lifetime extension of reactor vessel along with the extension of the representative data based on the results of surveillanve specimens testing, conducting international peer reviews with the participation of the IAEA SALTO mission have been defined.
2. Report Topical Peer Review 2017. Ageing Management Technical Specification for the National Assessment Reports. RHWG Reportto WENRA. 21 December 2016. URL: http://www.wenra.org/media/filer_public/2017/05/15/2016-12-21_tpr_specification_final.pdf
3. “National Report on the First Peer Review in the “Ageing Management” Area” [Natsionalђnyy zvit do pershoyi tematychnoyi partnersђkoyi perevirky za napryamkom «upravlinnya starinnyam], State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2017. (Ukr)
4. “General Safety Provisions of Nuclear Power Plants” [Zahalђni polozhennya bezpeky atomnykh stantsiy] approved by the SNRIU Order Iss. 162 dated 25 January 2007, registered in the Ministry of Justice on 25 January 2008 Iss. 56/14747 (updated) (NP 306.2.141-2008). URL : zakon.rada.gov.ua/go/z0056-08. (Ukr)
5. “General Requirements for Long-Term Operation of Ukrainian NPP Power Units for the Beyond Design Period Based on the Results of Periodic Safety Review” [Zahalђni vymohy do prodovzhennya ekspluatatsiyi enerhoblokiv AES u ponadproektnyy strok za rezulђtatamy zdiysnennya periodychnoyi pereotsinky bezpeky], NP 306.2.099–2004, SNRIU, 2005.
6. “General Requirements for Aging Management of Components and Structures and Long-Term Operation of Nuclear Power Plants” [Zahalђni vymohy do upravlinnya starinnyam elementiv i konstruktsiy ta dovhostrokovoyi ekspluatatsiyi atomnykh stantsiy], NP 306.2.210-2017, approved by the SNRIU Order Iss. 136 dated 13 April 2017 and registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 05 May 2017, Iss. 578/30446. (Ukr)
7. “Requirements for the Periodic Safety Review of NPP Units [Vymohy do periodychnoyi pereotsinky bezpeky enerhoblokiv atomnykh stantsiy], NP 306.2.214–2017, approved by the SNRIU Order Iss. 313 date 30 August 2017 and registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 20.09.2017, Iss. 1158/31026. URL : http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/RE31026.html (Ukr)
8. “Standard Program for Ageing Management of NPP Components and Structures” [Tipovaya programma po upravleniyu stareniyem elementov i konstruktsiy energobloka AES], PM-Д.0.03.222-14. (Rus)
9. “Technological Complex Operation. Long-term Operation of Operating NPP Power Units. General Provisions” [Ekspluatatsiya tekhnolohichnoho kompleksu. Dovhostrokova ekspluatatsiya diyuchykh enerhoblokiv AES. Zahalђni polozhennya], SOU NAEK 080:2014. (Ukr)
10. “Technological Complex Operation. Monitoring of NPP Building Structures. General Provisions” [Ekspluatatsiya tekhnolohichnoho kompleksu. Monitorynh budivelђnykh konstruktsiy AES. Zahalђni polozhennya], SOU NAEK 109:2016. (Ukr)
11. “Engineering, Scientific and Technical Support. Ageing Management of NPP Power Unit Component and Structures. General Requirements”[Inzhenernaya, nauchnaya i tekhnicheskaya podderzhka. Upravleniye stareniyem elementov i konstruktsiy energobloka AES. Obshchiye trebovaniya.], SOU NAEK 141:2017. (Rus)
12. “Requirements for the Structure and Content of the Periodic Safety Review Report of Operating NPPs” [Vymohy do struktury i zmistu zvitu z periodychnoyi pereotsinky bezpeky enerhoblokiv diyuchykh AES.], SOU-N YaEK 1.004:2007. (Ukr)
13. “Standard Program for Periodic Monitoring of the Base Metal State, Welded Joints and Surfacing of Equipment and Piping of Nuclear Power Plants with VVER-1000 Reactors (TPPK-13)” [Tipovaya programma periodicheskogo kontrolya sostoyaniya osnovnogo metalla, svarnykh soyedineniy i naplavok oborudovaniya i truboprovodov atomnykh elektrostantsiy s reaktorami VVER-1000 (TPPK-13)], PM‑T.0.03.061-13. (Rus)