Title: Scientific and technical journal "Nuclear and Radiation Safety"
ISSN (print) 2073-6231
Publication languages: English, Ukrainian, Russian (mixed languages)
Print media State Registration Certificate: КВ 3146 dated 26.03.1998
Periodicity: Quarterly (March, June, September, December)
Indexed: SCOPUS з Vol. 53, No 1 (2012)
Source ID: 21100212322
Search engine indexing
General issues of nuclear energy use; nuclear energy (reactor theory and calculations, operation of nuclear power plants, NPP safety analysis (probabilistic safety analysis, deterministic safety analysis), research reactors, nuclear fuel and structural materials, fuel elements; neutron physics; general safety issues; decommissioning of nuclear facilities; long-term operation, spent fuel and radioactive waste management; radiation safety; I&C, physical protection.
Journal objective and main tasks
Journal objective – creation of qualitative information scope for public communication of scientists and official recognition of scientific publications, in particular, dissemination of results of scientists’ activities among national and world scientific communities by timely and systematic publication in Ukrainian, as well as in Russian and English languages of original scientific, scientific-technical and scientific-analytical articles of national and foreign experts in the field of nuclear and radiation safety that represent scientific organizations, enterprises, state bodies and higher education institutions.
Journal main tasks:
- information scope formation for intelligence exchange of results of scientific, scientific-technical and scientific-analytical works in the field of nuclear and radiation safety;
- contribution in the overall development of nuclear and radiation safety studies by publishing of scientific articles on basic scientific issues in one edition;
- collection and preparation for publication of analytical and information data on the state of nuclear and radiation safety at nuclear power facilities of Ukraine;
- involvement of Ukrainian scientific potential in solving of urgent nuclear and radiation safety issues by publishing the information on the development programs and real problems of nuclear energy.
- General issues related to safety of nuclear technologies
- Operational safety of nuclear facilities
- Nuclear fuel and core neutron physics
- Methodology and results of safety analysis of nuclear facilities
- Nuclear facility lifetime extension
- Decommissioning of nuclear facilities. Spent nuclear fuel and radwaste management
- Radiation safety
- Electrical equipment. Instrumentation and control systems
Reader categories: scientists, researchers, engineers, students of higher education institutions, postgraduate students and Ph.D. candidates.
- Scientific and technical support of governmental regulation of nuclear and radiation safety;
- contemporary methods of analysis of nuclear installation safety (thermohydraulic, neutronic, strength and probabilistic safety analysis);
- design and operation of nuclear power facilities;
- safety and reliability improvement of NPP process equipment (thermal and mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, management and control systems);
- radiation monitoring, radioecology and environmental protection;
- nuclear fuel and radwaste management;
- physical protection and cybersecurity;
- training of nuclear experts.
Correspondence address: 35-37, V. Stusa Street, 03142, Kyiv, p/o box 124, State Scientific and Technical Center for Nuclear and Radiation Safety
Contact person: Tetiana Ovsiannikova, PhD in Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Responsible Editor of the State Enterprise “State Scientific and Technical Center for Nuclear and Radiation Safety”
Editorial office address: 35-37, V. Stusa Street, 03142, Kyiv
Phone: (044) 422-49-72